Open letter to my Membership Renewals; Renew your Voice of Small Business!


If you are here (and you didn't stumble upon this; which would be great if you own a business and want to join NFIB to promote and protect the right to own, operate and grow your  business) it is because I've been trying to reach you to renew your membership.

Please read the following and contact me so I can process your renewal so your membership will not lapse. :)





Hello valued member,

I hope you are so busy and successful with your business right now that you don’t have time to read this, but I hope you’ll read it anyway; it’s really important and I’ll be brief. I would love to meet with you face to face but time is of the essence.

Which of these things that NFIB did for your business recently, help you the most or that you appreciated the most?

·         The fact that NFIB was solely responsible for the 20% deduction off your taxes, right off the top- up to $163,300 single or $326,600 if jointly owned? (That’s one reason why many members who realize this are increasing their renewal membership fee).
·         Elimination of personal property tax on tools, patterns and machinery for nonmanufacturing businesses? (Now you pay tax once when you buy it, and not again!).
·         Informative webinars, resources and links to powerful information for your small business? (We literally had thousands of viewers and many new members resulting from these videos).
·         The fact that NFIB worked tirelessly with legislators hour by hour to be sure that your small business was not forgotten in the PPP? (We kept small business at the forefront so you weren’t forgotten).
·         Other things like the minimum wage which at first was going to be $22 and is down to $15 and we’re fighting for small business on that.
·         And so much more; which can boggle the brain. (You’ve got a business to run, we’ll take care of this).

Bottom line, it’s time for your renewal and unfortunately with the shutdown of businesses and with having a late start in trying to see all memberships expiring at the end of June, I have to reach out to you by email.

This is an election year. Sadly, there are those in our government who want to take things away from small business; like that 20% deduction on your taxes which small business has  fought so hard to earn. Sadly there are so many more things “on the table” which will affect small business negatively if we don’t hold the legislator’s (state and federal) to the fire. We are your seat at the table. (One member has it right, “If you are not seated at the table, you’re on the menu.”)

I urge you to continue to stand with your business neighbors during this election year. Together let’s keep small business strong. Continue to support the mission of small business; to promote and protect the right of our members to own, operate and grow their businesses.

I don’t want to let you down. There is no way I can reach everyone by this month’s end. Please help me by using the form attached to this email. Last year you chose a membership for an amount which was affordable. Since it is an election year and with small businesses being in the fight of our lives and we want to keep that 20% tax deduction we are asking every member to please do a bit more if possible.

(A farmer recently said that he “couldn’t afford to” but that he knew that he “needed to”).

The amount isn’t as important as your vote so please decide what you can do this year and call me, email me or send me your renewal. If money is an issue this year, we'll work with you!

I look forward to processing your renewal. As a business owner myself, I know that you work hard for your money so believe me we will honor that and are very judicious on how we invest your membership dues.

Renew on the phone, please call me and leave a message with the best time to return your call. I’m working before and after business hours to catch up with everyone. You’ll get a receipt in your email as we are processing your renewal.

Mail your form and if possible please let me know your membership form is on its way by replying to this email. You’ll get a receipt by email immediately when I process your check.

Your membership will expire at the end of June. Please act prior to the last week to be sure we have time to process so your membership won't lapse. If you need anything, please let me know! All new memberships get that workplace poster free; that's a savings of up to $150 which helps defray membership cost. Just request it. 

Terry (Ter) Scott NFIB Membership Rep 

PS. Thanks in advance for your renewal. If you have questions on how you can get even more from your membership, please ask. And remember that members do business with members so hang your plaque proudly; where people can see it. Let me know if you would like additional door decals. 

BTW. If you came here as a non member and would like to know more use the contact form on this page or visit NFIB.com and let them know I sent you (Terry Scott 3A687). 



No comments:

Post a Comment