Tax Professionals, How to Use the 1040 Form to get more clients...


Dear Tax Professional,

Good day!

I’ve had the pleasure of working with many tax professionals over the years and one thing I know, most want to offer more to their clients. In just one minute, I’ll share with you how other tax professionals have offered great value to their business clients, which resulted in both accolades, referrals and more business.

Hello. My name is Terry (Ter) Scott and I’m a membership rep for NFIB. I’m sure you’ve heard of the National Federation of Independent Business, have clients who are members and perhaps you are a member yourself.


NFIB's mission is to promote and protect the right of our members to own, operate and grow their businesses. To learn more simply visit NFIB.com.

Line 10 on the 1040 Form got your business clients a big deduction on their net income. That same line 10 can keep your client’s business profitable and also get your firm more business clients. Here’s how. 

We are looking for more business owners in your area to become members; to join our 300,000 other small business owners in strengthening the voice of small business, in your own community; to make the politicians pay attention to the needs of your small business owner clients.

Attached is a two sided handout for you to make copies from and give to your clients. (Please request yours via the contact form on this page). 

NFIB was the only organization which stood up for small business and got them the 20% tax deduction (line 10) some years ago when at first the tax break was only going to go to the C Corps and up.   You don’t have to say anything except that they might want to check out NFIB and become a member if they want to, include with the paperwork you present to them or simply leave a few copies for your clients to see and pick up when they come into your office. Either way, your business clients will appreciate the added value you are offering. Let them know that you (and NFIB) are working hard to keep them profitable and that NFIB offers free informative webinars and other things at NFIB.com which can help to keep their businesses profitable.

When I’m in an area seeing current and prospective members, I always recommend other professionals which could be of service to their business. if you are not already a member I would like to enroll you. As a member you’ll be able to keep abreast of important issues which affect small business which will help you remain the expert in the eyes of your clients. You’ll personally be able to vote the ballots so you’ll know firsthand what your clients will receive if they choose to be a member! 

To get started, see the rate card on the reverse side and choose your membership fee which you think is affordable for your firm. Mail your enrollment fee to my address or call me and I can process your payment over the phone. You’ll get an email within minutes from the home office in Nashville after I process your membership.

Thanks in advance for your support and I look forward to assisting you in offering this free service to your clients, and building your practice. Make it a great day!

In summary, if you are a tax professional contact me and enroll as a member yourself. 
Request the PDF of the front and back of the handout to distribute to your clients. When they contact me, I'll take it from there. 
That's it. You'll be offering a great service to your clients and they will certainly appreciate it. 

Sincerely, Terry Scott, NFIB Membership Rep

PS. Be sure to write your Name and Firm Name on the handouts that you distribute to your clients so I’ll know where they originated so I can properly thank you.

Are you a current NFIB member? If not, why not? Being an NFIB member yourself allows you to vote the ballots and get all the resources made available to our members. Plus you’ll have knowledge about what it is you are encouraging your clients to take part in. Remember, you don’t have to sell it, just share it.

Below is the current rate card and an “invoice” with my address and phone number. Simply complete the form and mail your check (or credit card info) to me and I’ll process everything. You’ll then get a receipt via email and a second email to register your preferences. I can answer all of your questions and even process your membership over the phone for faster enrollment.



If you have any questions, I am here to help. Please use my contact information below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment