What is an Accredited Investor and Do you have to be one to Invest?

 

Hello and welcome again.

Understand that the following definitions come from legit “we’ve always done it that way before” advisors so I’ll share it and then offer my caveat. (I want you to know that I and my team at Drive Planning are not necessarily in that group as we do things differently to bring success to our clients).

  • Accredited investors are those individuals classified by the SEC as qualified to invest in complex or sophisticated types of securities.
  • To become accredited certain criteria must be met, such as having an average yearly income over $200,000 ($300,000 with a spouse or domestic partner) or working in the financial industry.
  • Sellers of unregistered securities are only allowed to sell to accredited investors, who are deemed financially sophisticated enough to bear the risks. 
  • Accredited investors are allowed to buy and invest in unregistered securities as long as they satisfy one (or more) requirements regarding income, net worth, asset size, governance status, or professional experience.
  • Unregistered securities are considered inherently riskier because they lack the normal disclosures that come with SEC registration. 

Investopedia

 OK, that’s not only the definition, it’s the law. As a financial consultant I certainly work in the confines of the law. However, because Drive Planning is a privately held company, much of this does not apply to what we offer and our proprietary systems so the answer to the “Do I have to be an accredited investor to invest” the answer with us is, no.

Having said that, yes, we do work with clients who are accredited investors but what is great about Drive Planning is that we take the strategies of the affluent and bring them to those who are not so they can KEEP MORE, MAKE MORE and LIVE MORE.

Lately I’ve been seeing many Facebook ads about investing, and getting big returns. I share some of the most interesting comments by others in the posts and share a bit about the investments and the length of time that you have to hold the product before cashing out. My points are that you should know that you can do without your money for the length of the hold time, have a plan to minimize the capital gains from the investment, and not to simply invest for the sake of “investing”. You really should know why and how with a plan for protecting your money and you. It’s not just a cliché with me or my team at Drive Planning.

My business is built on relationships. Call me and let’s chat for 5 or 10 minutes. From there if it seems that we “click”, let’s set up a virtual 30 minute, no cost and no obligation Zoom meeting. If we’re not a “fit” I will offer you a few things that may help you so you’ll get value from your call. I take all the risk. After that 30 minutes you’ll know if you want to hire me and I you and we’ll make plans to move forward from there. Sound fair?


In the above video, I speak about these investment ads that lately are blowing up my phone; and the comments they garner. Here's one, Exclusive Investment Opportunity for Accredited Investors!

This opportunity offers an 8% annual distribution. (We at Drive offer 10% every 90 days, but I’m not trying to compare; at least just now). So far, since this ad was posted it only has two comments. The first is someone offering power washing services to them; which is clearly a waste of time for that person and the second states the claim is untrue. We can pretty safely determine that this comment is based on ignorance and is untrue. As comments come in, we’ll see more negative comments. And that proves that this is the wrong audience to be advertising to. But what holds true are the following.  Most opportunities require you to be an accredited investor. You have to be able to hold your money for some length of time without needing to get to it (so have emergency cash). There are different investing amounts, rates of return and holding times.

What we do at Drive Planning is to bring the strategies of the affluent to you. You can be an accredited investor with a lot of money to invest or invest only $20K with Drive Planning. We offer great rates of return (we think it’s the best you’ll find) and the least amounts of times necessary to see that return. And plus, we’ll help you to protect your greatest asset, you.

Please use the contact form (or my contact info below) to reach me for more details or to start with a 10 minute call.



No comments:

Post a Comment