Attention Retired Business Owners, You need NFIB and NFIB needs you. Membership Rep Terry tells why...

This is a letter I send to all of my members who are retiring or have been retired for years. They still can have a voice and have an impact on what goes on in business, the economy and what happens in America even as a retiree.

If you own a business, have owned a business and you are not supporting NFIB please ask me and I'll get you started. It is ridiculously low for the value you get as a member. Just use the contact form on this page. Here's my letter. Feel free to share this article using the social media buttons below. As a membership rep, I can assist any business located anywhere in the USA.


Hello NFIB, small business and Free Enterprise Fan. 

How is your retirement going? I hope you are doing the things you deserve after owning and operating a successful business and supporting free enterprise all of these years.

Because of your support and that of many local small businesses, NFIB has been pushing back on unfair practices which hurt small business and frankly, the American consumer and citizens too. As small business goes, so goes the country.

We see what’s going on in our streets; the violence and damage to businesses. We see the lack of leadership by certain parties surrounding COVID which is causing businesses to shut down (many permanently) and calls to defund the police. And we see the outright “stealing” by our government in the form of taxes and over reach. I have not seen anything like this in my 64 years of living in this great country.

Yes, I’m 64 and still out being the “Paul Revere” for small business, because I want to do something to protect the future of my kids and grand kids.

These same issues which affect business also affect us as consumers. For instance, if the “one size fits all” $15 dollar minimum wage goes into effect, it will put many of the remaining small businesses who manage through the COVID shutdown, out of business. Any who manage to stay in business will have to raise the cost of product and services to, guess who? You and me as consumers.

The 20% tax deduction that NFIB gained for small business a few years ago with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will go away, says Biden, if he is elected. Small business will have to make that up too, by raising costs to consumers. And there is so much more that NFIB is doing behind the scenes that it would boggle the mind to see just how it has fought this year for business owners, and American citizens, to retain their rights, freedoms and keeping the economy in check.

Thank you for reading this so far. I’m sharing this with you because I know that you have a heart for small business and you still believe in America. I hope you feel my concern and hear the urgency in my words. Not only small business is in the fight of their lives this year with the 2020 election; but also that every law abiding, constitutional loving American’s way of life is at stake.  

I know that you no longer own and run a business. You have been a member for a long time and supported the NFIB cause. Thank you, thank you; thank you. And it would be easy to say, “I’m done, I’ve done my part, and I’m walking away and enjoying my retirement”. If that is how you feel, I am totally fine with that.

However, I did want to let you know about an opportunity. This is an opportunity for you to still have a voice in what happens to your country; as a citizen and as a “Retired Business Owner”.

As a retired business owner, you can still support the cause of NFIB and keep “Free” in our Free Enterprise system … for generations to come. Your continued support helps NFIB to continue its mission of promoting and protecting the right of Americans to own, operate and grow their businesses. These Americans could be your sons and daughters and their sons and daughters for years forward.

The opportunity I’m speaking of is that of “Retired Member”. You still choose whatever you feel you can invest, from $200 to $15,000. It is entirely up to you; with more we can do more. You’ll be notified of challenges that we are tackling at the state capital and in D.C. You’ll have voting privileges, and other benefits and you can be as active or inactive as you desire.
Many “Retired Members” invest more than they had when they were active business owners because they have money and want to put it where it really can do the most good. Others, who now have the time, become more involved taking on a more active role with NFIB at the state capital.  (If interested, we can sure use you. Inquire).
You may have heard me say that when we retire we don't retire from our values.  I didn’t make that up; a retired NFIB member, who continues supporting the fight for America’s freedoms every year, told me that.

With your continued support, NFIB will continue to help the small business owners of the future- which are your and my grandkids, nieces and nephews. 

Right now the media paints a sad picture and you and I know that much of it is reality. Continued membership with NFIB offers hope that by combining forces with other believers of private property and private enterprise that tomorrow can be better. And frankly, I don’t know where we’d be without organizations like NFIB. And with retirees and current business owners supporting small business and the free enterprise system, I believe there is hope.

Again, I know you are “retired” and I wish you the very best; you certainly deserve everything you’ve earned. You’ve worked hard for every dollar that you have.

And I also know that if you are like 9 out of 10 retired business owners, that you see this as an “opportunity” to continue to do something great for business, America and our future generations.

Of course I’d love to see you support NFIB for many years through your retirement and feel good about contributing to a great cause which has helped America for the past 76 years.



But we need to focus on the present and small business; and America needs you now. I hope you’ll consider supporting NFIB this year with whatever you can. If you would like to continue the fight, please complete the form and mail a check to me or call me and I’ll process your credit card over the phone and email you a receipt.

$200 probably won't make a lot of difference in your retirement but when combined with the dollars by all of your fellow business owners; it will do a lot to keep this country on the right track. If you are able to contribute any larger amount (up to $15,000) please know every dollar will act as soldiers in the fight for freedom.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
― 
Edmund Burke

Again, thanks for all you've done. 

Make it a great day! Terry



PS. By the way, this is all me. I’m writing this as your local NFIB Rep (3A687). These are my words as a small business owner myself and lover of our way of life as an American; and not coming from our headquarters in Nashville.

PSS. If you know of a small business owner or anyone who would like to join the fight, let me know. Another idea which some retirees do is sponsor a new member by paying their first year membership. I am open to your suggestions on how to use NFIB to help small business and America’s free enterprise system continue. Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment